In 2015 I was approached by a group of literary authors to collaborate on a special project: a website about the literary side of the Eurovision Song Contest. The custom-built WordPress website features a custom article editor, a rich database of contest info, and a sleek-yet-serious design. For the past four years I have been working and travelling with them to each Song Contest.
In the months leading up to the event I keep track of the website’s functioning as well as the behaviour of visitors, in order to figure out what content performs best and where we should focus our writing attention. We regularly meet to discuss content strategy and other opportunities. During the Song Contest itself, I make short vlogs about my experiences there, finding my way as a videographer.
– Cover Video | by Zeno Kapitein
– Cover Photo | Screenshot of eurostory.nl, by Zeno Kapitein
– Figure 1 | by Edward van de Vendel
– Figure 2 | Screenshot of eurostory.nl, by Zeno Kapitein
– Figure 3 | by Zeno Kapitein